This is just a tiny followup bugfix update for the last 6.7 release.
I have another good news, GearLock OTA server is now fully operational and from now on you will get update notifications on GearLock and directly receive the updates from there.
GearLock > More > Updaterto directly update to the latest version from 6.2 and above.
- Bugfix for rEFInd users (Reported by @Rocky Balboa , @Ahmad Moemen , @hamidmulla90 )
- Complete remake of
FileSystem Backup & Restoration, now you can backup/restore either system or data 5X faster than before and more easily in an extensive way. (Previously known as
Data Backup & Restore)
- Improvements in recovery mode also a new boot/file flag:
NOSC=0(NOSC means no-supercharge)
- Improvements in fixfs, now check & repair process of EXT4/2/3 is lot more faster for the
FIXFSbootflag with a cool progress meter.
- Now you can repair system.img & data.img on NTFS/FAT with FIXFS.
- Complete remake of data-wipe function of Extra-Misc. (Possible bugfix for a report by @Electrikjesus )
- Now Img-Extender no longer needs to reboot.
- Now system decompression as supercharge no longer needs to reboot for EXT4 on nougat and below.
- Magisk installer/updater has been temporarily disabled for android-10 and above due to incompatibility. (I will need some time to workaround it)
- Improvements in gearlock-installer.
- Resolve all issues with android-10 (Q) and now GearLock is officially stable for android-10. ( Special thanks to @Electrikjesus for helping me with booting up one of his android-10 builds since i was having issues with it )
- GearLock now supports Vietnamese language and this is the first translation ( All credits to @HMTheBoy154 for translating it )
- Fixed all issues regarding supercharing for android oreo and above ( Reported by @Rocky Balboa )
- Many things rewritten of recovery-mode which brings more optimization and stability in recovery-mode.|
- Fix the bug where GearLock won't load when system.sfs is used to initially boot.
- Bugfix for gearboot where it shows some misleading warnings on firstboot and optimizations in it.
HOST_ARCHvariable is now more reliable with a better implementation for developers.
REQUEST_SYNCstage of GXPM installation progress by 3x times for NTFS.
- Improvements in GearLock-Installer.
- Improvements in fixextfs & img-extender.
This is the sum of a total 537 commits made in 5weeks focused in optimization, improvements, bugfixes and new-implementations. Below I will try to note out the key changes in a small chnagelog. It's literally the biggest GearLock update by date.
Warning: All of the old kernel packages have been repacked with bugfixes and you must re-download them to avoid any error !!!!!!!! (Phew, it wasn't easy, please don't avoid this message !!!!!!!!!!!)
- New feature: Mesa Driver Version faker.
- New feature: Now you can repair ext4 partition even without supercharging.
- New feature: MidNight Commander FileManager integration in recovery mode. ( #feature-request by @dam && Suggestion by @HMTheBoy154 )
- Complete rewrite of GearLock-Installer (Now its a system-indipendent binary, size:38MB)
* Complete rewrite of GXPM (GearLock Extension & Package Manager)
* Extensive improvements have been made.
* It will also force all files to be properly written before reboot.
* GXPM and garca has been boosted by 3x more speeeed and will preserve all attars statically
* Add zstd compression method support in garc and p7zip for GXPM (Suggested by @HMTheBoy154 )
- Add support for android 10 + 4 + 5 (Not stable for andrid-10)
- Now your system will get auto supercharged if not after recovery mode (might be helpful for bliss12.x builds by @Electrikjesus )
- GearLock-Installer no longer needs to patch secondary ramdisk.img
- Now you can change GearLock configuration easily thru GearLock > Settings (Default theme, norecovery, second-tty etc can be configured)
- MetroUi box sizing has been maximised in recovery-mode & in tty.
- Before gearlock was partially 100% system-indipendent, but now its totally independent. Because even if you boot with an empty /system you will be still able to operate within recovery-mode. (Before gearlock could only survive if you're already booted but you wiped your system)
- Now there are external command line user-utils, they are gxpm, gstatus, fixscreen, gearlock-cli.
* So, you could do
gsudo gxpm -i package-name.gxpto install a gearlock package/extension directly thru command line.
* Ref: https://supreme-gamers.com/gearlock/gearlock-user-utils
- Made tons of bugfixes (Not possible to mention them one by one) (Some were reported by @pain, @P.B-D.B , @AngusX )
- Complete rewrite of gearprop and now it can force overwrite any system property. (Bugs were reported by @xxDaKsHxx , @AngusX and @Night )
- GearLock recovery mode will no longer drop VIDEO args passed by grub (Reported by @Electrikjesus )
- GearLock wrapper terminal app has been improved a lot, it will also fix terminal sizing when su shell is invoked automatically by running fixscreen.
* Also fix issues with ALT button handling in stuff like nano and such. (Thanks to @Night for the heads up)
- Added a smaller version of bootsound (Credits: @Night )
- GearLock boot image size has been reduced by about 40megs, thus it is 80mb now in raw size while it was 120mb before.
- All the gearlock libraries & binaries have been recompiled and heavily optimized.
- Introducing hook system which allows you to modify gearlock core without touching the actual core.
* Ref: https://supreme-gamers.com/gearlock/customize-integrate-gearlock
- GearLock now supports utf8 with mutilang. (EN, VN, CN, ES) (Currently being translated for VN by @HMTheBoy154 , anyone else interested in contributing over this is welcome)
- Many of the options in GearLock menu has been rewritten in an optimistic way.
- New utils : ttyecho, axel
- Now you can purge/remove extra kernel modules by "Game / System Tweaks"
- Now GDK accepts command line parameters for compRation & compMethod
- More optimizations in core
- Bugfix in auto opengapps downloader (caused by progress spinner). (Reported by @Shady )
- Now you can auto-make kernel package from currently booted kernel by GearLock > Dev-Zone ( #feature-request by @Night )
- Improvements in recovery mode, also some additional changes made to avoid kernel panic in some really darn old devices. (Could be helpful for posbr mods by @erikads898 )