ajay01

Novice
Jan 4, 2020
india
VC
More  
Games I Play
PUBG MOBILE
I have kali linux, windows and Phoenix os DM installed on my hdd and in the grub menu, showing just win 10 and Phoenix os dm . I wanna add kali boot entery on that can anyone please help me.

kuro_sk

Novice
Dec 3, 2019
Teotihuacan Mexico
osu.ppy.sh
VC
More  
Games I Play
PUBG MOBILE, PUBG LITE PC, PUBG PC
hi there, if u use linux i guess is better add a darkmatter boot entry to your kali linux grub, by editing /etc/grub.d/40_custom and adding the next lines, if on same ext4 patition where is kali installed :

menuentry "Phoenix DarkMatter" {
insmod all_video
search --set=root --file /dark.matter
linux /kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64
initrd /initrd.img
}

just copy all iso files to the root partition where is kali installed, and if you have created another partition only for dm, then:

set root='(hd1,4)'
linux /PhoenixOS/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64
initrd /PhoenixOS/initrd.img
}

on this case PhoenixOS is the folder name where kernel, initrd.img, system folder and data are allocated , the line set root='(hd1,4)' is the number of disk and partition
idk for kali but on arch first u need make executable the 40_custom file (sudo chmod +x /etc/grub.d/40_custom) then update grub (sudo update-grub) after the next reboot dm will be listed at linux grub , the windows entry adds automatically when updating grub, if at begin u get errors such you need load kernel first just check and fix folder names and try another hd number and partition, good luck .

Last edited:

Loonix

Novice
Dec 2, 2019
Uruk
VC
More  
Games I Play
PUBG LITE PC
hi there, if u use linux i guess is better add a darkmatter boot entry to your kali linux grub, by editing /etc/grub.d/40_custom and adding the next lines, if on same ext4 patition where is kali installed :

insmod all_video
search --set=root --file /dark.matter
linux /kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64
initrd /initrd.img
}

just copy all iso files to the root partition where is kali installed, and if you have created another partition only for dm, then:

set root='(hd1,4)'
linux /PhoenixOS/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64
}

on this case PhoenixOS is the folder name where kernel, initrd.img, system folder and data are allocated , the line set root='(hd1,4)' is the number of disk and partition
idk for kali but on arch first u need make executable the 40_custom file (sudo chmod +x /etc/grub.d/40_custom) then update grub (sudo update-grub) after the next reboot dm will be listed at linux grub , the windows entry adds automatically when updating grub, if at begin u get errors such you need load kernel first just check and fix folder names and try another hd number and partition, good luck .
I have not found a way to install in gnu / linux, any small help / tutorial?

kuro_sk

Novice
Dec 3, 2019
Teotihuacan Mexico
osu.ppy.sh
VC
More  
Games I Play
I have not found a way to install in gnu / linux, any small help / tutorial?
hello specifically, which distro are you using? there on the spoiler is the guide
Installation & Upgrade, linux installation
about the kernel parameters, i guess it depends of each system, for boot options, thats my current grub 40_custom config:
#!/bin/sh
exec tail -n +3 $0
# This file provides an easy way to add custom menu entries. Simply type the
# menu entries you want to add after this comment. Be careful not to change
# the 'exec tail' line above.
menuentry "DarkMatter(kernel.4130)" {
insmod all_video
search --set=root --file /findme
linux /kernel.4130 root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64 VULKAN=1 VULKAN=radv
initrd /initrd.img
}
menuentry "DarkMatter(kernel)" {
insmod all_video
linux /kernel root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64 VULKAN=1 VULKAN=radv
initrd /initrd.img
}
menuentry "DarkMatter(kernel.benares)" {
insmod all_video
linux /kernel.benares root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64 VULKAN=1 VULKAN=radv
initrd /initrd.img
}
menuentry “DarkMatterB” {
set root='(hd1,4)'
linux /PhoenixOS/kernel.benares CMDLINE root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64
}
menuentry “DarkMatterC” {
set root='(hd2,2)'
linux /PhoenixOS/kernel.chariot CMDLINE root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64
}

Loonix

Novice
Dec 2, 2019
Uruk
VC
More  
Games I Play
PUBG LITE PC
hello specifically, which distro are you using? there on the spoiler is the guide
Installation & Upgrade, linux installation
about the kernel parameters, i guess it depends of each system, for boot options, thats my current grub 40_custom config:
#!/bin/sh
exec tail -n +3 $0
# This file provides an easy way to add custom menu entries. Simply type the
# menu entries you want to add after this comment. Be careful not to change
# the 'exec tail' line above.
menuentry "DarkMatter(kernel.4130)" {
insmod all_video
linux /kernel.4130 root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64 VULKAN=1 VULKAN=radv
initrd /initrd.img
}
menuentry "DarkMatter(kernel)" {
insmod all_video
linux /kernel root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64 VULKAN=1 VULKAN=radv
initrd /initrd.img
}
menuentry "DarkMatter(kernel.benares)" {
insmod all_video
linux /kernel.benares root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64 VULKAN=1 VULKAN=radv
initrd /initrd.img
}
menuentry “DarkMatterB” {
set root='(hd1,4)'
linux /PhoenixOS/kernel.benares CMDLINE root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64
}
menuentry “DarkMatterC” {
set root='(hd2,2)'
linux /PhoenixOS/kernel.chariot CMDLINE root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64
}
I use manjaro. I appreciate the help lastly, the parameters for the kernel would be the same for "grub customizer"? (I'm not good even in archlinux, I just wanted to escape from windows)

kuro_sk

Novice
Dec 3, 2019
Teotihuacan Mexico
osu.ppy.sh
VC
More  
Games I Play
I use manjaro. I appreciate the help lastly, the parameters for the kernel would be the same for "grub customizer"? (I'm not good even in archlinux, I just wanted to escape from windows)
hello again, you are on arch it uses grub aswell, on kde to get root acces and copy or edit system files you can use the console
(sudo nano /etc/grub.d/40_custom)(sudo mv/cp) if you are on xfce you can run: (sudo thunar) , to open file manager with root acces, then edit the (/etc/grub.d/40_custom) file and place darkmatter files on the root of the system partition, otherwise you can create another ext4 partition and create a folder named phoenixos and place files there ,then on the console run (sudo chmod +x /etc/grub.d/40_custom) after it (sudo update-grub), there is not iso file for now, i got files trough dm windows installer(if you still need the files exo4.6 ,ill delete in few days)

quiet ----------------- this option tells the kernel to NOT produce any output

CMDLINE --------- command line

root=/dev/ram0 ----- used with initrd images to avoid the kernel looking for

androidboot.hardware=android_x86_64 ------- used to load the correct rc files and HALs at the boot time
root=: Root filesystem.
rootflags=: Root filesystem mount options.
initrd=: Specify the location of the initial ramdisk.
init=: Run specified binary instead of /sbin/init (symlinked to systemd in Arch) as init process.
init=/bin/sh: Boot to shell.
systemd.unit=: Boot to a specified target.
nomodeset: Disable kernel mode setting (useful for fixing video driver panics) This will load mostly everything in software rendering/support mode. No hardware acceleration. Good for debugging.
panic=: Time before automatic reboot on kernel panic.
debug: Enable kernel debugging (events log level).
mem=: Force usage of a specific amount of memory to be used.
maxcpus=: Maximum number of processors that an SMP kernel will bring up during bootup.
selinux=: Disable or enable SELinux at boot time.
netdev=: Network devices parameters.
video=<videosetting>: Override framebuffer video defaults.
sleep=1: This will enable the system.prop value for sleep.earlysuspend=1, and on some machines, it enables the proper sleep state.
acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode: Sometimes needed for older machines to enter sleep mode properly
SETUPWIZARD=0: This command will skip SetupWizard on boot. (Only needs to be run once!)
AUTO_LOAD=old: This will load android-x86 variants using the old modprobe method to init devices. We sometimes use this to debug devices not starting.
DEBUG=1 & DEBUG=2: These enable verbose console debugging, giving another command shell after loading kernel modules, but before Android init
vga=xxx & video=: These are the common video modes that you can boot into if it doesn't pick the best choice automagically. You can also use video= as resolution parameters: video=LVDS-1:d video=1366x800. Learn more from our own Henri Koivuneva!
HWACCELL=1: This will disable graphics hardware acceleration, enabling rendering through Swiftshader. (Must use this if running headless)
buildvariant=eng, user, userdebug: This is the commandline parameter to run the current build as eng, userdebug, or user
DPI=xxx: This will manually set the DPI on init. Use this if things are too big/small for you.
fbcon=variablename: This is to configure framebuffer to use various options. Usually used to help fix video settings, etc. Even default rotation on some Atom tablets. Example: video=efifb fbcon=rotate:1
VULKAN=1: Required for Vulkan-supported chipsets. This enables hwcomposer to work right with screenshots and other things.
Screenshot_2020-03-21_04-46-55.pngScreenshot_2020-03-21_04-42-41.png

Last edited:

Ahmed7852

Novice
Apr 22, 2020
Ahmad752
VC
More  
Games I Play
PUBG MOBILE
bro help me when i install darkmatter in nfts orext4 there is darkmatter os showing up in windows bootloader i am using legacy my specs are Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3520M CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2901 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB System Model DELL Latitude E6530 LAPTOP
Post automatically merged:

bro help me when i install darkmatter in nfts orext4 there is darkmatter os showing up in windows bootloader i am using legacy my specs are Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3520M CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2901 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB System Model DELL Latitude E6530 LAPTOP

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock