mrhdir

Novice
Oct 30, 2020
usa
VC
More  
Games I Play
COD-MOBILE
I want to map input in games everything works fine but my Ps4 controller triggers L2 R2 are not recognized by Game helper (octapus)
Triggers are recognized by other apps but has problem with octapus
Post automatically merged:

Does anyone know any solutions here?
I had to delete DM because controller doesn't work

Last edited:

mrhdir

Novice
Oct 30, 2020
usa
VC
More  
Games I Play
COD-MOBILE
Tnx for replying
I actually installed latest octapus 5.5.4 on my nokia 3 with android 9 and all the buttons workd perfectly
also they added feature to map swipe touch input in games

xtttt

Novice
Jul 27, 2020
Asia
VC
Tnx for replying
I actually installed latest octapus 5.5.4 on my nokia 3 with android 9 and all the buttons workd perfectly
also they added feature to map swipe touch input in games
This is a problem with hid_sony, force the generic hid driver- Pass the kernel parameter hid.ignore_special_drivers=1
Darkmatter should fix this
The solution for this was found by XDA user towelfox in the Bliss OS 12 thread- #1961 (xda-developers.com)

Here is what he said:
Adding for search and fyi. My setup does not allow for using ps4 dualshock controller over Bluetooth l. I've tried many kernels and bliss/android x86 variants. It connects ok but does not register as an input device. This seems to be a problem with hid_sony. You can make it work by forcing the generic hid driver to deal with the device. Pass the kernel parameter hid.ignore_special_drivers=1

This will work fine apart from the led colour being wrong and the touchpad only registering as a button press. Obviously if you're using other specific hid driver's you will have side effects.

Hope this helps someone until properly fixed.

Cheers

Reactions: mrhdir

mrhdir

Novice
Oct 30, 2020
usa
VC
More  
Games I Play
COD-MOBILE
But my controller connects already and in games that have built in controller support such as modern combat 5 works ok

The only problem is in games that has no gamepad support i try to map input using Gamehelper, when im trying to set buttons in these games L2 R2 buttons cant be set

Get Connected

Discord Server

New Threads

Latest From Blog